By Tiana Baur, Content Marketing Manager
Your sphere is the lifeblood of your real estate business, but there’s only so much you can know about every client in it. Public data is the one thing that can make all the difference. Using public data can help your marketing efforts be more tailored to your sphere, and, in return, make you stand out above the rest. Instead of focusing on a given neighborhood, with public data you can drill down to personal interests, like where people like to invest and donate to and if they enjoy reading books or watching sports.
This is where Moxi Insights comes into play. It’s our public data offering for real estate agents to get the most out of their databases and to notify them when their clients are most likely to buy or sell. Moxi Insights gives quick and organized client information to agents through their CRM, from general demographics, housing info, lifestyle choices, financials, and hobbies to where clients/prospects donate and invest their money. Agents can potentially see if their clients have pets, drive certain cars, or if they’re a value shopper.
Notifications and badges let you see when people in your sphere are looking to downsize or could afford a larger home, signaling if they’re highly likely to buy or sell. All of this makes it easier for agents to maintain control of their sphere, and of course, save them some precious time.
Here are eight ways to use public data to make your marketing shine:
1. Instead of hosting a party for everyone, host smaller get-togethers with people who have a mutual interest. Invite golfers out for a round, get a guide for your fisherman fiends, host a wine/tapas tasting evening for your foodies.
2. Know your audience. Send investment opportunities to investors and charity/donation drives to those that like to give their money to a good cause.
3. It’s the little things that count. If you know someone is a book lover, invite them for a coffee at a bookstore instead of at a random Starbucks.
4. Send soon-to-be empty nesters your “Downsizing tips from the pros” guide. Moxi Insights informs you when people are probably thinking of downsizing.
5. Buy a suite or even a few seats to the next game. Invite your sports fans or send the tickets to them as a special treat.
6. Send all the highly-likely-to-sell people your “How to list your home” guide. Moxi Insights lets you know when someone is highly-likely-to-sell. Maybe they just had another kid and are going to need more room, or maybe they are living well below their means and are looking for an upgrade.
7. You get internet leads and you don’t know anything about them. Having a little background info on them shows you’ve done your homework. Everyone does the same thing before they get interviewed for a job – this is no different.
8. If anyone has a badge (which many likely will), send an unsolicited CMA, a handwritten note, or text or Facebook message them for a coffee or cocktail date just to chat and catch up. Spend extra time with them – not necessarily talking about anything on the Insights report but reconnecting with them at the perfect time.
Customer data is an extremely powerful tool – it’s time to implement it into your marketing strategy. Remember, knowledge is power. If you need more ideas for how to use public data for your marketing and real estate business, we’ve put together a list of 100 ways to use Moxi Insights to make the most out of your marketing efforts. You can download the entire eBook here.