By Tiana Baur, Marketing Manager
I didn’t understand why someone would get excited over gardening or DIY projects until I moved into my own home. Now, the mere thought of someone sending me seeds to plant in our backyard gets my pulse going at an embarrassing rate. Just sitting here thinking about heirloom tomatoes and repainting our front door is making my heart race, it’s sad but true!
Now all I think about are the ways in which we can improve our home or what we’ll want when we build our dream home one day. Not only that, but since the city we’re in is constantly buzzing with new restaurants, wineries, shops, breweries, and more, I love to try and keep up with the latest and greatest in our area. I’m constantly checking the locally-focused social media channels and blogs, especially real estate focused ones. In fact, our favorite family-owned Thai restaurant just had to close its doors so we’re currently in the market for our new go-to Thai spot – guess where I’m going to look for recommendations!
Would your blog (or social media channels) be one that I would be able to get all this information from? If yes, great job! You’re probably looking for more real estate blog topics. If no, don’t worry, we have a TON of ideas for you to use as a starting place. We’ve come up with a giant list of real estate blog topics (that you can also use for social media!) to keep your clients, prospects, and those in your community hooked to your content.
1. New restaurants
2. The best flowers to plant for your area, in terms of climate, level of maintenance, etc.
3. DIY: How to build your own fire pit
4. The best boutique to find wedding guest attire
5. Restaurants that have closed + your fav alternatives
6. A list of your favorite wineries ranked in order (although no wineries are really bad, are they?)
7. Antiquing: where is the hidden treasure?
8. Best ways to improve curb appeal
9. DIY: Dog food station with storage
10. Best ways to organize your home office
11. Blinds or curtains? Why? Indoor vs. outdoor?
12. Your favorite new home gadgets
13. Childproofing a home
14. DIY: Best colors of painted cabinets
15. Tips for hiring a contractor
16. Spring cleaning/maintenance checklist
17. Summer camps for kids
18. Plays and musicals coming to town
19. Air quality? Does it matter? How do you maintain it?
20. Local market updates
21. DIY: How to organize a bookshelf to make a statement
22. A long list of your recommendations for contractors/cleaners/etc. in your area
23. Do’s and don’ts of wall color
24. DIY: How to build a blanket ladder
25. Best indoor plants
26. Breweries, ranked!
27. How to make your house smell amazing
28. List of after school programs
29. DIY: How to build a garden box
30. Tips for avoiding package theft from your porch
31. Brunch or bust: your fav local spots
32. List of family-friendly summer activities
33. Home hacks, what actually works?
34. Security systems/cameras
35. DIY: She sheds/man caves
36. How to pick out and arrange a bar cart
37. Gyms, by price and packages!
38. List of local marathons, 10Ks, 5Ks, etc.
39. The best coffee shops in town
40. Concerts coming to town
41. Bathroom renovation tips
42. Ways to increase home value
43. Storage ideas for home and garage
44. Tips for turning your bathroom into a spa
45. DIY: kitchen backsplash
46. Wall décor ideas
47. How to make your home feel more cozy
48. DIY: how to build a vertical garden
49. School districts/schools in the area, ranked
50. Easiest vegetables to grow
51. Local charities to volunteer at or donate to
52. Selling tips, including home value, things to avoid, etc.
We hope you enjoyed these real estate blog topics! For more, check out our monthly e-magazine, Mile 62, built just for YOU!