20 Questions with Alex Jacobs, Director of Business Development at MoxiWorks
Ever heard of the quote, “work hard in silence, let your success be your noise,” by Frank Ocean? Well, that completely and utterly captures Alex. He’s quiet, humble, and polite – and it just so happens that he also happens to be a total Rockstar. When it comes to growing MoxiWorks, helping clients, and hitting goals, you better believe he knocks it out of the park every single time.
For obvious reasons, we wanted to get to know him a little bit better, especially since he lives in California (Moxi is based in Seattle). So, without further ado, here goes 20 questions with Alex Jacobs:
1. How long have you been at MoxiWorks?
Almost two years.
2. What is your life motto?
It’s changed over the years. I actually really like (and it’s sitting on my desk) “what got you here won’t get you there.”
Edit: This is the quote that stands above the door of our CEO. A great reminder for all of us at Moxi!
3. Where is your favorite beach?
I would have to say Hāpuna Beach Park in Hawaii.
4. What would you eat for your last meal?
Sushi – as much as I can have!
5. Who was your favorite character growing up?
Rocky – the underdog.
6. What’s your favorite thing about MoxiWorks?
The people. The team and the people here are really great to work with! I like the vision of the company as well.
7. What is something small that people do that makes you happy?
When someone pays me a compliment.
Edit: Alex – you amaze us! Moxi would be nothing without you.
8. How would you describe yourself to someone in one sentence?
I think if I were to describe myself, I would say that I always tend to be conscious of other people and try to put myself in their shoes. I want to make sure that other people are happy before my own happiness.
9. If you could have a drink with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
10. What keeps you at MoxiWorks?
Again, I think it’s really the leadership and the vision of the company and the direction that we’re heading. Getting a chance to help to make a difference in the real estate industry is a plus.
11. What is your favorite thing about the holidays?
I like the family time, but I also just like the spirit of the season and everyone being in a happy, friendly mood.
12. What would you say is your hidden talent and why?
I think I could say one of my hidden talents is that I can be very analytical and tend to look ahead like three or four steps ahead.
13. What was your first job?
I cleaned my mom’s office once a week. After that I worked for store that sold sunglasses.
14. What interested you about MoxiWorks in the first place?
I think what drew me was the vision and the innovation.
15. What do you do when you’re not working?
Whatever my kids want to do.
16. Did you choose this career path, or did it choose you?
I think it kind of chose me. I think it’s because one of my first jobs was in sales and every job I got after that was in some sort of selling environment. My degree was business administration, with a concentration in marketing so my mind was always attracted to that side of it.
17. Where do you live and what’s your favorite thing about it?
I live in Folsom, California and I love the community feel. I also really love that it is a great place to raise a family.
18. What is your definition of success?
I think success can be measured in a lot of different ways depending on what your goals are. From helping my clients achieve their goals, to helping my kids achieve theirs and even achieving my own family goals. That’s success to me.
19. Where is the next spot on your bucket list?
Europe in general.
20. What is your favorite MoxiWorks product to talk about and why?
I love talking about MoxiEngage because it’s really core to an agent’s business. And when they’re using it, it can really help them achieve success in their business – 54% more business in fact.