By Maddie Jostol, Senior Marketing Manager
We might be living in a digital age, but a handwritten note goes a long way. No matter what generation your buyer or seller clients falls into, when you close a real estate sale, make sure you take the extra effort to put together a nicely written real estate closing thank you letter delivered via snail mail.
Remember, for you the sale is one of many as it’s something you walk people through regularly, but for your client, it’s likely something they’ll only experience a few times in their life. Buying or selling a home is one of the most significant financial moves people will make in their lives, so treating the closing process as such is important to ensure they feel taken care of.
For many, buying or selling a home is an emotional process in which the guidance of a real estate agent makes all the difference. Particularly for first time buyers, a little extra TLC can go a long way. In real estate, a closing thank you letter is a great way to remind your clients how much you care, show your professionalism, and foster loyalty amongst your clients in addition to generating referral business.
First, a few general tips:
- Deliver the thank you note via snail mail and send it to their new address as a welcome message to their new home.
- Make it personal. Add in specifics for why you enjoyed working with them and why you’re excited they found their dream home.
- Not one with words? Don’t worry, it can be short and sweet. It’s the gesture that matters.
- Don’t be afraid to remind them you’re available to help their friends and family as a way of generating referral business.
Real estate closing thank you letter for buyers:
Here’s the gist:
- Acknowledge how happy you are for them
- Wish them well in their new home
- Extend an offer to help them with anything else or answer questions
And here’s the template (buyers):
It has been such a joy helping you find your dream home! I wish you and your family a joyful future making memories in this home.
Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns and know that I am happy to help should you or family or friends have any real estate needs in the future.
Looking forward to keeping in touch as you settle into your new home.
Real estate closing thank you letter for sellers:
Here’s the gist:
- Thank them for trusting you to help them through the process
- Wish them well in their next move
- Extend an offer to help them with any questions or additional real estate needs
And here’s the template (sellers):
Thank you for trusting me to help guide you through the sale of your home. I understand what a big step this is and I’m so thankful we were able to get you a great result.
It’s been such a pleasure working with you and I wish you all the best in your next move. Please know that I’m still available to answer any questions and help in any way, and I hope you’ll think of me next time you or your friends or family have any real estate needs that I can help with.
Sending a personalized thank you note when you close a real estate transaction is a small act that will go a long way. Your real estate business is dependent on relationships, so actions like this are important, but don’t forget to keep in touch past the sale. Follow up again on their housiversary and keep them in the loop with real estate news and local market updates.